Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Devil is in the details

. . . and God is in Wellington, or so says Dom-Post science columnist Bob Brockie in the autumn issue of the NZ Skeptic:
I once wrote about the beginning of the world, and got an 11-page letter telling me when the world is going to end. The letter was from none other than God and his wife. They told me that the Earth would end shortly before January 31 in the year 5000. Owing to the mental and physical condition of humanity and filthy sex aids, mankind become unable to reproduce about then.

There was lots of other advice as well, about divorce and the number 7777 and how the true church is the Salvation Army.

Sadly, I couldn’t reply to God, because there was no forwarding address. I did notice it was sent from a post office down in Manners St, Wellington, however.

No comments: